9 Reasons Why Organic Jaggery Can Be Your Magical Food!
Jaggery, unlike the popularly used white sugar, is not just a sweetening agent but has high nutritional value and therefore should be eaten regularly for a healthy living. It has multiple health benefits is often suggested by dieticians in the diet.
- Jaggery is a more complex form of carbohydrate than plain sugar. So, it is digested and absorbed gradually and releases energy gradually. This provides with warmth and energy for a longer period, without harming the internal organs.
- Jaggery effectively cleans the respiratory tracts, lungs, foodpipe, stomach and It pulls out dust and unwanted particles from the body. It also helps in giving relief from constipation, perhaps due to the presence of fibre in it.
- Jaggery activates the digestive enzymes and itself changes to acetic acid in the stomach. This speeds up digestion.
- Jaggery is very rich in minerals, predominantly iron with traces of other mineral salts. While most of the iron in it comes through processing in iron vessels, the other minerals come right from the sugar cane juice, since this juice does not undergo refining or bleaching of any kind.
- Jaggery is prepared without the use of chemicals in its processing. It is rich in important minerals like salts, magnesium which strengthens our nervous system and helps to relax our muscles.
- Jaggery with selenium acts as an antioxidant. The potassium and sodium present in it maintain the acid balance in the body cells and control the blood pressure in the body.
- Jaggery is also rich in iron, and helps to prevent anemia. It also helps to relieve tension; take care of asthma because it has anti-allergy properties.
- It consists of moderate amount of calcium, phosphorous and zinc and therefore helps to purify the blood, prevent rheumatic afflictions and treat bile disorder. It is also helpful to cure jaundice.
- It helps reduce the water retention in the body and eventually helps in controlling the body weight.Jaggery is a more complex form of carbohydrate than plain sugar. So, it is digested and absorbed gradually and releases energy gradually. This provides warmth and energy for a longer period, without harming the internal organs.